20-21 IASC Update
Posted: Jul 30, 2020
Last Modified: Jul 31, 2020
A message from Associate Executive Director, Kyle Gordon:
Hello IASC Advisers!
As the new and different school year approaches, I wanted to fill you in on some things we are doing to help make your transition back to school a little easier.
1. 2020-2021 Invoices have been mailed: The membership invoices are now in your mailbox at your school. Please send those back with your yearly dues of $75 by November 1. The website will have the invoice if you need one shortly if the snail mail has lost your mailing.
2. Advisers Support Group: As we navigate these uncharted waters this year, I have set up an IASC Advisers Support Group on Facebook. Advisers please join! We can help each other through this school year and beyond. Ideas, advice, sharing info and solutions, and most importantly supporting each other is the idea behind this new page. Please join and invite IASC member adult advisers to the group!
3. IASC Talks: We have begun setting up IASC Talks for students. On a monthly basis we will have the student board members lead these talks via Zoom or Google Meet to discuss topics and help with ideas for your school. These will be student led and student centered.
4. Purchasing Merchandise: Several of you have reached out about purchasing IASC merchandise and merchandise for your councils. The pandemic has closed many small printing businesses and I am working to set up a website where you can purchase items and have them sent to your schools across Illinois at a good price. When it is set up, I will send an email and link.
5. The IASC Board Meeting is virtual for Saturday, August 15. Please check the website for details as the date approaches. We will discuss workshop feasibility for first semester for sure.
As we navigate this pandemic we will do it TOGETHER. Student voices are needed NOW more than ever and we will do all we can to help that be a success!