The 2021-2022 school year is once again shaping up to be a very unique years. In recognition of the fact that many in our local communities are hurting and need a helping hand, the IASC is dubbing this year's service project as Operation Illinois.
- The yearly district service project (e.g. the Eastern district volunteers to wrap gifts at the One-Stop Community Christmas)
- Clean up local parks, buildings, school grounds, etc.
- Help staff members at your schools (janitors, lunch staff, office staff, etc.)
- Local food drives
- Local blood drive
- Serve food or donate time at local shelters (homeless, animal, etc.)
- Donate time at a soup kitchen
- Help with younger level education or activities
- Be creative, and develop your own project
- Provide a photo of your council completing your project, and complete a project participation form.
- Project must have been completed after May 2021.
All participating schools will receive participation certificates, and could also be awarded one of the following:
- Most service projects completed in the year
- Most creative "DIY" service project (selected by State Board)
- Most district service project completion