The 2022-2023 school year is one of looking and moving forward towards greater things. In recognition of this, the IASC is excited to announce their
partnership with Feeding Illinois for this year's service project! The project will run until the convention in May, where we will recognize schools who have dedicated their time to serving others.
Feeding Illinois is an association of eight food banks serving Illinois. These banks collect food and donations, and distribute it to over 2,400 local pantries and organizations across the state who in turn provide food to their patrons in need.
This cost-effective network allows local pantries and organizations to focus on meeting the unique needs of their individual communities, while the size and scope of Feeding Illinois
and the food banks allows them to purchase food in bulk at a lower cost.
In Illinois alone, 1 out of every 12 individuals, including 1 in 9 children, struggle with hunger.
- Volunteer! Work with...
- Local food banks
- Local soup kitchens
- Local food drives
- Feed My Starving Children
- Other local organizations and initiatives committed to helping to address food insecurity
- Donate to Feeding Illinois!
- Provide a photo of your council completing your project, and complete a project validation form.
- Project must have been completed between May 7, 2022 and May 3, 2023.
- All paperwork/proof of completion must be emailed to email@example.com by May 1, 2023.
All participating schools will receive participation certificates, and could also be awarded one of the following:
- Most service hours completed
- Largest donation amount to Feeding Illinois
- Most district service project completion (awarded to a district)