The 2020-2021 school year is shaping up to be one of the most unique time periods we've seen in years. In recognition of the fact that many in our local communities are hurting and need a helping hand, the IASC is dubbing this year's service project as Operation Illinois.
- The yearly district service project (e.g. the Eastern district volunteers to wrap gifts at the One-Stop Community Christmas)
- Clean up local parks, buildings, school grounds, etc.
- Help staff members at your schools (janitors, lunch staff, office staff, etc.)
- Local food drives
- Local blood drive
- Serve food or donate time at local shelters (homeless, animal, etc.)
- Donate time at a soup kitchen
- Help with younger level education or activities
- Be creative, and develop your own project
- Provide a photo of your council completing your project, and complete a project participation form.
- Project must have been completed after May 2020.
- All paperwork/proof of completion must be email to email@example.com by Friday, April 9, 2021.
All participating schools will receive participation certificates, and could also be awarded one of the following:
- Most service projects completed in the year
- Most creative "DIY" service project (selected by State Board)
- Most district service project completion