2020 IASC State Convention Preview
Posted: Aug 17, 2019
Collinsville High School is very excited to be hosting the 2020 IASC State Convention. This year's convention, held May 7-9, 2020 at the Wyndham Hotel in Springfield, will feature the theme "Your Happily Ever After". The registration fee will remain the same at $35 per student and adviser.
For planning purposes, here are a few notes:
- Rooms are $111 a night plus tax (single, double, triple or quad) and rooms can be booked starting on January 1, 2020. Tax is currently 12%.
- Speakers include Judson Laipply (The Evolution of Dance Man), Cara Filler (The Drive To Save Lives), and several INCREDIBLE surprise guests/speakers!
- The Adviser Lunch may be free if a sponsorship comes through, if not, the cost will be $27 featuring a buffet style meal, as well as gluten free and vegetarian options.
- Banquet will be $34 per person and will be VERY kid friendly, along with gluten free and vegetarian options. This cost could also decrease if a sponsorship comes through.
- Parking will be free for all cars and buses.
- Registration will begin in early 2020.
Collinsville High School and the IASC has worked very hard to revamp the state convention schedule for both students and advisers and is working to gain tens of thousands of dollars worth of sponsorships, partnerships and grants to revolutionize what the IASC can offer to our member schools and at the state convention. As more details for this exciting convention come together, that information will be shared with advisors.