22-23 Honor Delegate and Honor Council Program
Posted: Aug 20, 2022
Last Modified: Sep 3, 2022
Applications are now available for students to apply to be an Honor Delegate to the 2023 IASC State Convention, which will be held May 4-6, 2023 in Lombard, IL. Honor Delegates are students who provide an additional service to the IASC at the convention. These positions include:
- First Vice President Honor Delegate Positions
- Discussion Group Leader – Prepare a presentation on a selected topic and present it to a group of students at the convention.
- Recorder – Take notes on what occurs during an assigned discussion group.
- Roundtable Moderator – Moderate a roundtable discussion on an assigned topic.
- Constitution Committee Member – Serve on a committee to evaluate submitted changes to the IASC Constitution, and provide recommendations to the voting delegates on whether to approve or deny submissions.
- Credentials Committee Member – Serve on a committee to interview candidates for the 2023-2024 IASC Executive Board, and provide a recommendation on whether the candidate is recommended or not recommended for election.
- Honor Council Committee Member – Serve on a committee to evaluate Honor Council Books and Mini Books.
- Second Vice President Honor Delegate Positions
- Hall of Ideas – Prepare a poster on a topic or activity that your council participates in.
- Service Project – Provide a good or service to be used at the convention. These items may include a monetary contribution, purchasing pens, binders, snacks, etc, that are used by attendees at the convention. The school, not the particular student, needs to provide the funds and items.
- Secretary Positions - (Honor Council Applications)
- Honor Council Book - Prepare a physical or electronic book highlighting the activities, events, and structure of your student council. Note that this year there will be a single simplified book type worth 100 points instead of both a regular and mini-book.
More information on each of the individual positions is available here: https://illinoisstuco.org/Content/HonorDelegates/HonorDelegateDuties_2023.pdf.
All applications must be completed online, and advisors will receive an automated email to approve the application once the student has submitted it. Applications for all Honor Delegate and Honor Council positions is available here: https://illinoisstuco.org/app/honordelegates.
Applications for 1st and 2nd Vice President Honor Delegates must be completed by 11:59 PM on Friday, November 4, 2022. Applications to submit an Honor Council Book are due February 1, 2023. Note that students who are contemplating running for the 2023-2024 IASC State Board are ineligible to be Honor Delegates, or must resign their Honor Delegate position at the time they declare their intent to run for office.
1st/2nd VP Honor Delegate Info Letter for Students
1st/2nd VP Honor Delegate Info Letter for Advisors