23-24 Honor Delegate Program
Posted: Sep 15, 2023
Last Modified: Oct 21, 2023
Update 10/21/23: The deadline has been extended to 11:59 PM on Friday, October 27, 2023.
Applications are now available for students to apply to be an Honor Delegate to the 2024 IASC State Convention, which will be held May 2-4, 2024 in Springfield, IL. Honor Delegates play an essential role in the State Convention, and we ask you to encourage your students to apply. As an Honor Delegate, students will have the opportunity to meet new people, participate in new experiences, and learn both leadership skills and more about student council. Committee members will be able to learn and experience parliamentary procedures in meetings, and contribute to the IASC. Students in other positions will have the opportunity to share leadership and wisdom among their peers.
Honor Delegate positions align under one of the Vice Presidents:
- First Vice President Honor Delegate Positions
- Discussion Group Leader – Prepare a presentation on a selected topic and present it to a group of students at the convention.
- Recorder – Take notes on what occurs during an assigned discussion group.
- Roundtable Moderator – Moderate a roundtable discussion on an assigned topic.
- Constitution Committee Member – Serve on a committee to evaluate submitted changes to the IASC Constitution, and provide recommendations to the voting delegates on whether to approve or deny submissions.
- Credentials Committee Member – Serve on a committee to interview candidates for the 2024-2025 IASC Executive Board, and provide a recommendation on whether the candidate is recommended or not recommended for election.
- Honor Council Committee Member – Serve on a committee to evaluate Honor Council Books and Mini Books.
- Second Vice President Honor Delegate Positions
- Hall of Ideas – Prepare a poster on a topic or activity that your council participates in.
- Service Project – Provide a good or service to be used at the convention. These items may include a monetary contribution, purchasing pens, binders, snacks, etc, that are used by attendees at the convention. The school, not the particular student, needs to provide the funds and items.
More information on each of the individual positions is available here: https://illinoisstuco.org/Content/HonorDelegates/HonorDelegateDuties_2024.pdf.
All applications must be completed online, and advisors will receive an automated email to approve the application once the student has submitted it. Applications for all Honor Delegate positions are available here: https://illinoisstuco.org/app/honordelegates.
Applications for 1st and 2nd Vice President Honor Delegates must be completed by 11:59 PM on Friday, October 27, 2023
Friday, October 20, 2023. Note that students who are contemplating running for the 2024-2025 IASC State Board are ineligible to be Honor Delegates, or must resign their Honor Delegate position at the time they declare their intent to run for office.