IASC Announces STARS Competition
Posted: Sep 24, 2021
Last Modified: Sep 25, 2021
The IASC is pleased to announce a new competitive award designation that can only be secured by schools who attend this year's IASC State Convention! Councils who complete 5 required projects and submit an application by April 15, 2022, will be recognized as an IASC STARS Student Council at the State Convention. These projects are required in each of the following areas:
- Service: Projects or events that are performed to assist people in need or in crisis within your school, your community, nationally or globally.
- Teambuilding: Events and/or activities in which the action or process causes a group of people to work together effectively as a team, especially by means of activities and events designed to increase motivation and promote cooperation. This can be with a small group of students/staff OR a large group!
- Appreciation: Activities/Events that show appreciation for others.
- Rallies/School Spirit: Projects/Events that promote school spirit by creating activities or events that involve all parts of the student body. An event/activity that when people feel a part of something larger than themselves and develop a strong sense of pride. It’s about students feeling connected to the school and celebrating that connection and each other as students feel and experience it!
- State Convention: Attend this year’s state convention and ensure your school holds at least 2 Honor Delegate positions.
For more information, review the application, or contact Kyle Gordon, IASC Associate Executive Director, at email@example.com. Completed applications must be submitted by April 15, 2022!